Why do we overcomplicate the simplest of things in Retail. Well, we can go for the psycho analysis (ego trip) or just get to the the point.
Please keep it simple, and give one of your children or grandmother a copy of the message you want to convey. If they can’t explain it back to you then it needs to be rewritten and once again given back to your child or grandmother until they can execute it themselves.
5 tips to keeping it simple.
- Explain in a couple of sentences the reason for the change of procedure. This will help reduce the amount of chatter time between employees and reduce the “mystery” as to why this needs to be done.
- Use Point form and not paragraphs. No one has the time to read a novel and find out who killed the Butler.
- Big words = Big impressions —> Wrong! Use simple language.
- Use pictures to set the standard. Please ensure the picture being used shows exactly what needs to be accomplished with no mistakes in the picture.
- TEST the procedure you want changed in the field. DO NOT LAUNCH without having it tested in several different stores. The plan worked? Phenomenal! The plan crashed and burned? Well, great, at least you now know before sending it to your stores and wasting everyone’s time. Go back to drawing board and repeat.
Bonus point: Seek feedback from the field as to check for understanding from the Employees who executed the plan.
It is really as simple as that.
👉Plan, Test, Execute, Seek Feedback and Repeat.
Please Follow my Mentalhealth Journey and Retail Madness Marathon by ⭐SUBSCRIBING⭐ to my #RenegadeRetailer channels at:
Have a PHENOMENAL day.