Do you want to know a #Secret about me?
Well it may not be such a secret to some as I have been fairly open about my struggles with #depression and having a #bipolardisorder.
My struggle does not affect me on most days Mentally, but Physically to which I get drained & sometimes just can’t move, frozen like a statue.
Yes, I have been in treatment for years and it does help somewhat but it still comes roaring back at times.
I wrestle with it most days but tend to hide it fairly well due to:
1. Humour. If you can’t laugh at yourself or with yourself than who can you laugh with.
2. Finding the little things that keep me happy; like my dog Bella & the sound she makes when chewing on a slice of an apple.
So why am I sharing this with you? Because it feels cathartic doing so and I am hoping that others who are reading this & are experiencing the same thing know:
1. That there is always a light at the end of the tunnel; you sometimes just have to redefine what that light is.
2. Don’t be afraid to talk about it & let others know what you are going through.
3. Seek help & there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Hey, even Tony Soprano had his days.
Please feel free to share your own personal stories or PM to chat and see how we can help each other.
Have a PHENOMENAL day.