Performing a routine daily floor walk is a FANTASTIC routine to calibrate your Team…..but if only used as a tool and not a as a SOCIAL GATHERING.
- Are the floor walks even being done?
- Are they being done by different Team Members to help develop a more cohesive and understanding Team?
- Are they being followed up on the same or next day?
- Are they being signed “off” on and filed for review and not just filed?
- And most important, are they being challenged to why a “Yes” is a “Yes”?
If you answered a “No” to any of the questions, just STOP the insanity and STOP doing them.
Going through a motion just for the sake of it is “Mashuguna”.
Start doing them. Start using them. Start holding others accountable to them.
Then you will start seeing the benefits of them.
Have a PHENOMENAL day.