It was back in the late 1990’s on a bus going to a Manager Retreat when the thought came to me, Retail is just another form of Acting.
After many years in Retail, I finally realized my one and only weapon, guide, potion was my Job Description. Hold on to it and know it with your life as it is basically the script of your role.
– Go off the script and “Improvise”, you may get canned.
– Don’t remember the script “your responsibilities”, you may be booted out the door.
– Come into work as a “Grumpass and not willing to Listen or act along with your co-actors”, Ba Bye!
Know your role and Job Description inside and out. This is your foundation to act out the part you are being paid for. Act with emotion and increase you listening skills to be able to predict the next line of dialogue.
– Ask questions to help define the scene and get to know your Audience.
– After filming (your day) is over, go home, shutdown, enjoy your evening and get ready for your next day of Acting your Role.
Welcome to the Best SOAP OPERA in the World and don’t be just be a BACKGROUND ACTOR. SHOW THEM WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF TIGER!
Have a PHENOMENAL day.