Lessons in Retail | Onboarding.
Onboarding a new Team Member correctly will have an impact on your Bottom Line, Turnover and Succession Planning.
Before a New Employee starts please ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you ready to Welcome a Team Member on their first day with all tools prepared in advance?
- Do you have a Mentor | Partner program to help guide your New Employee?
- Do you even know your New Employees name and history? It does happen that a New Hire was not hired by yourself.
- What does your followup program look like?
- Is it posted in your office?
- Is it inputted into your Calendar
- Are there checkin dates?
- Who is responsible for checking in?
- Does your Team Member have a copy of their training schedule, job description and any other material they require?
If you answered NO to any of the above, you might as well forget about your Corporate Onboarding plan and just install a turnstile instead of a door.
Would you like to learn more about “Importance of onboarding?” or how we can help?
Please contact us at:
That is all.
#Retail #Manager #Manager #Coach #Employee #Behaviour #Motivation