Lessons in Retail | Deliver an amazing experience: 3 Step process.
There is no exact formula to achieve Retail Success even though every so often a new Standard Operating Procedure is launched to please someones ego. It all starts when your Employee walks through the door in the morning and leaves through it at night.
As Albert Einstein had his E=MC2; Retail has its own foundational formula to success. Amazing Employee Experience x 7 Days a week = An Amazing Customer Experience. Repeat.
To add a little more detail to this, an Amazing Experience needs the proper ingredients which are really simple, but need each other to paint a picture of success.
- Get out of your office and be with your Teams on the floor. Your Teams need to see you and not only hear you.
- Ensure clear and transparent communication. Check for understanding by working with your Teams. Ask questions, ask them their thoughts, listen to their ideas and put them into place.
- Merchandise your store according to the plan. A merchandising plan is in place to allow an easy and comfortable shopping experience for the Customer but also takes out the guess work for your Teams which develops into stronger efficiencies and a cleaner, better organized store.
- Proper and accurate inventory control is necessary to increase your sales and profit, validate why there are holes on your shelves, and makes you look like you are in business. A full warehouse is not always a good sign.
- Ad set up. Please ensure that the items that are in your ad | flyer this week are in stock, easy to find and your Teams are aware of what is being highlighted so they are able to help the Customer out.
At the end of the day, you know your Teams, you know what makes them tick, you know their strengths, you know their opportunities and you know that they are the key to your and your store success.
If you don’t know any of the above….well…..turn that around today as you are probably a stressed out, questioning why did I chose Retail, working 60 hours a week Manager which is not good for your Team, your Family, the Starbucks Barista or yourself.
Would you like to learn more about “Culture of Retail Success” or how we can help?
Please contact us at:
That is all.
#Retail #Manager #Manager #Coach #Employee #Behaviour #Motivation